This easy Christmas recipe for Santa Hat Brownies can be made in minutes using a box of dark chocolate brownie mix combined with eggs, butter and milk. Bake your batter in mini muffin tins, pipe a circle of whipped cream onto each base, then top them with strawberries and decorate with a dollop of Cool Whip and some sprinkles.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and generously grease two mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
2) Mix together the brownie mix, eggs, melted butter and milk in a large mixing bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes.
3) Pour the brownie mix into the mini muffin tins, filling each “brownie” about ¾ of the way full.
4) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the brownies are beginning to get firm on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
5) Remove the brownie from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
6) While the brownies are cooling, rinse and dry the strawberries and then use a paring knife to cut the stem and top bit of each strawberry off. You want them to have a flat surface that allows them to “stand”.
7) Once the brownies are cooled, remove them from the tin by gently swiveling them back and forth in the tin until they come loose. Use a spatula or plastic knife to loosen the edges only if absolutely necessary.
8) Use the can of whipped cream to pipe a circle around the top edge of each brownie.
9) Place 1 strawberry on each brownie, on top of the whipped topping creating the hat.
10) Finish each hat with a small dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with sprinkles or clear sanding sugar, optional.