This delicious and warming veggie soup is jam-packed with heart-healthy nutrients, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa ✓
- 3 tablespoons ghee, divided✓
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 Idaho russet potato
- 3 cups of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of salt (to taste)✓
✓ Available for purchase below
- In large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of ghee over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until it turns lightly brown. Add red bell pepper and carrots and cook until pepper softens (about 10 minutes).
- Add potato, cauliflower, vegetable broth, milk, and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower and potato softens. Turn down the heat to low.
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa and place in small pan with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and cover with top over medium heat. When water starts to boil, reduce heat and let simmer and cook until quinoa is softened. After water evaporates, fluff with fork and set aside.
- Get about 3 cups of broth and vegetables (mainly potatoes and cauliflower) and blend with a blender until smooth.
- Add back to pot with the remainder of veggies, season with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Add quinoa and remaining tablespoon of ghee and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.