In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we want to share with you this pink smoothie recipe packed with some of our favorite cancer-fighting foods. This pink smoothie is filling, nutritious, low in calories (about 315), and high in fiber. The berries supply valuable antioxidants, the orange juice is a great source of vitamin C, and the banana is rich in potassium. The yogurt is low in calories but high in protein. If you add the peanut butter, you will add about 95 calories but, it adds extra protein, which is a good idea if you are replacing a meal.
· 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or fresh if in season)
· 1 frozen ripe banana
· ½ cup of low fat plain Greek yogurt
· 1/4 cup of orange juice
· 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (optional)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.