Mobility Snapshot: Bretzel
By Dan Kleckner and Brittney Thornton-Doran
This is a great move for mobility of the thoracic spine (upper back) and shoulders. It does require you to have decent flexibility of the hips to get into the start position. This is a great one to do if you have been spending lots of time at your desk lately, or have any upper back, neck, or shoulder pain.
1. Laying on your side, bring your top knee forward and bent to 90 degrees.
2. Reach back and grab your bottom foot with your top hand. If you cannot do this, you can use a band or towel to help.
3. Keeping your top knee on the ground, try to lay both shoulders flat to the floor.
4. Hold for 5-10 seconds, repeat 5 times each side.
5. The goal is to have both knees and both shoulders flat on the ground.
Give this one a try this week and feel the difference a little mobility work can have!