Bodyweight Exercise Snapshot: Jump Squat
By Brittney Thornton
Jump Squat Description
Get your muscles AND lungs burning with this great plyometric exercise. Tired of running and burpees for “cardio”? Use this in a Tabata to really get your heart rate up!
Jump Squat Steps:
- Start standing up tall in your squat stance (whatever that may be for you)
- Squat down as low as you can without discomfort
- Explode up, jumping as high as you can
- Land softly and go straight into the next repetition
- Do them unbroken for the best workout
Form Tip: Be sure to fully extend the hips at the top of the jump, think of putting your head through the ceiling (kudos if you really can!)
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to get in touch!