Barbell Exercise Snapshot: Bent Over Row
By Dan and Adam Kleckner
Barbell Bent Over Row Description
The barbell bent over row is one of the best exercises for your upper body and core. This movement trains your core, back and biceps. It also happens to be one of the best all around pillar strength exercises. Since we pick things up all throughout the day, this is a perfect way to train for everyday strength! The barbell bent over row allows you to work freely in space, as you would in every day life. It is one of the most beneficial exercises that you can do to build strength in your back. The primary mover in this exercise is the lats, which are often forget about when we sit at a desk all day. Try adding this muscle building back workout to your routine today!
Barbell Bent Over Row Steps
1. Grab the bar with a shoulder with stance and knees slightly bent.
2. Keeping tension in the core, hinge at your hips, keep your arms straight and the bar close to your body.
3. With a tight core and straight back, pull the bar into your stomach, squeezing the shoulder blades.
4. Keeping tension in the core and the bar close to the body, return to your starting position.
5. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to get in touch!